Saturday, May 17, 2008

2 Months: Things I Love & Things I Hate!

In honor of being a mom for 2 months, I thought I would compile a little list of things I have come to love and things I have come to hate...enjoy!

FEEDING

Trying to get away from spending over $10 a day on name brand formula, I discovered that I...


HATE the Costco formula. It it super foamy which makes the babies gassy and it doesn't seem to fill them up like the stuff we were using before.



We have only been using it for a few days, but I LOVE the Walmart brand of formula. The only downside is that I have to get it at Walmart :)


We tried lots of bottles and while there weren't many that I hate, this is the only brand we LOVE. Dr. Browns rocks!


If you have twins and want to nurse, you'll have to have (and you'll LOVE) the EZ 2 Nurse twins pillow!


Boppy's are great for bottle feeding or breast feeding one baby! Seth and I both LOVE the boppy...we have 3 of them :)


This kind of falls in feeding, so we'll put it there. Medela makes these cool steam bags for the microwave. I LOVE them for quickly cleaning pacis, pump parts and plastic toys.


DIAPERING


We LOVE Huggies! The regular ones are ok, but the supreme ones are AWESOME!


We HATE Pampers, they give Turner a rash and the boys peed through them.
I stocked up on diapers before they were born and now I am kicking myself as I am
trying to return them all to get the Huggies!


I LOVE the Huggies Natural Care wipes. We have gone 2 months with no diaper rashes!


The Diaper Champ is amazing. We LOVE how it takes regular trash bags and
really works to keep the stink out!



BATH TIME


Apparently we are a Huggies family because I LOVE this hair and body wash. It doesn't have a strong scent and it seems to work well. The boys smell so yummy!


I also LOVE this lotion. It is fragrance free, so the boys just smell like babies who have super soft skin!


BED TIME


OK...so not the best picture, but the white sheet attached to the crib slats is called an ultimate crib sheet and I LOVE it! It is a waterproof pad and sheet in 1. It just snaps onto the crib so when the babies make a mess at night (which hasn't happened too often to us) you just have to unsnap it and put a new one on...way easier than stripping the entire bed!


Babies need to be swaddled. Once they get too big to use receiving blankets, they make swaddling blankets. We HATE this kind (I think it is the brand First Years)! Maybe it's just that our babies are so advanced, but they can get out of them within a minute.


The Kiddapotamus Swaddle Blankets are awesome! We LOVE them even though they look like mini straitjackets.


Our boys love music, so we LOVE this little sound machine. We have a CD player as well, but when the same CD being played over and over again makes us crazy, it's nice to be able to switch to ocean or rain sounds.


I like the boys to always nap in bed, but they seem to think the boppies are a great place for a nap. So, for my little men, I add here that THEY LOVE the boppy!


OTHER


This little play gym is great! I LOVE that we can hang different toys on it so the boys don't get bored. Also, it is nice and big and they can both fit on it...for now.


We LOVE our bouncy seats. We have 2 of them and they are used each and every day!


I LOVE my giant diaper bag. It is a bit of a pain that it is so big, but a normal size diaper bag couldn't come close to holding all the stuff I need.


We would be lost without gas drops. Thank you Mylicon, we LOVE you!


And once again, we LOVE the Boppy! The boys can lean up against it while we play with them and that keeps them a little elevated which helps with digestion right after they eat.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails