Friday, January 20, 2012

Melt My Heart

Earlier this week, Jaxson was playing with the clock puzzle toy and accidentally dropped it on his foot.  He immediately began to cry.  As I held him, he asked for his beloved green blankie.  Turner retrieved the blankie for us and everything seemed to be getting better.  However, while Jax had stopped crying, he was not incapable of leaving the couch due to his ouchie toe (except for that few minutes that he was running & playing before he determined he needed to sit & recover - sometimes he can be a little dramatic).

He sat on the couch for a bit.  I snuggled him for a while & helped him to readjust his blankie every time it slipped off his his foot (apparently, the blanket was the key factor in his recovery).  After about 10 minutes, I left his side to go check on Hailey who had been playing nicely on the floor.  And, that's when it happened...

Turner came over to check on Jaxson and the event that followed had me nearly in tears.

Turner: 'How you doin' Jax?' (as he crawls up on the couch with his brother)

Jaxson: 'Can you please pray for my toe to feel better?'

Turner: 'Sure!' (he snuggles up next to his brother and folds his hands in prayer)
            'Dear Jesus, thank you for Jaxson's toe to feel better.  In your name we pray, amen.'

Jaxson:  'Thank you Turner.'

My heart filled up with pride, joy & love as I witnessed my boys share such a simple, but meaningful exchange.  I pray that they will continue to always have a relationship where they freely as for and receive prayer from one another.

"...pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." ~ James 5:16

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails