Saturday, May 26, 2012

FOUR!

Since the boys have turned 4, I find myself falling more and more in love with them each day.  My heart is already beginning to ache for the day they turn 5.  They are so vibrant, so full of life, so funny and just so sweet.

I love the way they love our family.  How they sing 'Habben' songs and love it when we're all together.

I love the way they hug & kiss so freely.

I love the way they look after their little sister.

I love the way they love everything Daddy loves (The Lakers, The Cowboys, Dave Matthews, the list goes on & on)

I love the sweet things I hear them say like:
Jaxson: 'Look at my beautiful butterfly'
Turner: 'It's beautiful, just like Hailey' 
Mom: 'Turner, who are you going to snuggle tonight?'
Turner: 'Someone special...you, Mom!' 
Mom: 'What do you want to do this weekend?'
Jaxson: 'Give you a rose...without a bee' 
I love how every time we see any flowers, they have to stop and pick one for me.  And I love when I ask them why, the response is 'because you're the best mom.'

I love how they are so interested in learning the states and they have a different one they want to visit every day.

I love the stories Jaxson makes up...except for when it involves telling Seth about how I put him in the washing machine.

I love how they are so excited so be big enough to read.

I love the way they try to sounds out words & the way they write.  

I love how they come home from school & church with new songs.

I love how Jaxson pretends to be a different person every day.  He was actually 'Daddy' for weeks (and insisted that Seth be called 'Captain Daddy'), but is often Ms. Jamie or Ms. Chelsea (his preschool teachers), Mr. Zach (our worship pastor), Ms. Lesly (our children's pastor) or Kaitlyn (one of our favorite triplets).

I love the way Turner calls Hailey 'our smiley grill.'

I just wish I could keep them this way.  Their little hearts are so tender, so sweet and so eager to learn and grow.  They have such a sweet innocence to them, and such a hilarious sense of humor.
I hope this year goes slow, slow slow...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails