Thursday, April 17, 2008

20 things...

I have learned in my 1st 4 weeks as a mommy!

1. Time no longer cares what you want, whether it be a shower, lunch, sleep or even just to brush your teeth.

2. It is amazing how 6 pound little people, who can really do nothing for themselves, can bring so much joy.

3. Changing poopy diapers isn't as gross when you think about how you don't want your child to have to sit in that.

4. Breastfeeding is one of the hardest things in the world. Basically, the stars have to align just right for it to work. You can have 10 things going in your favor, but that 1 little hiccup will ruin it for everyone.

5. Speaking of hiccups...how can little guys get them so many times in a day?

6. No one tells you that you aren't supposed to take the kids out to public places for 8 weeks. 8 weeks...I just spent the last 4 months basically stuck in the house and now I have to wait 8 more weeks!

7. Even newborn boys can get amazing distance with their pee :)

8. There is nothing sexier than watching the man you love tenderly care for his child.

9. There really is a huge difference between the cheap diapers and wipes and the expensive ones!

10. You just have to learn to smile and say thanks when people say "you look great." Bodies really don't just bounce back quickly after having stretched that far.

11. There is nothing more painful than when your baby is hurting and he looks up at you with big 'help me' eyes and there is nothing you can do for him.

12. I am more anal than I ever knew. I really do care that things are done the 'right' way. I guess I'm not as laid back and flexible as I once thought.

13. Only sleeping 2 hours at a time sucks, but it is doable.

14. Pillows (and lack of good sleep) can trick you into thinking you have a baby in your arms.

15. While there is time you are not taking care of babies, the last thing you want to do is have an hour long conversation with anyone (sorry guys).

16. I don't know how to relax and have people help me.

17. The sanitizing cycle on the dishwasher takes over 3 hours a cycle.

18. My husband can have spit-up all over his back and not even know it.

19. Stroller = freedom

20. For some reason, God choose this job for me and it's humbling to think that He believes I can do it.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Congratulations Seth & Vanessa! Your boys are beautiful and we're so happy for you both. Thanks for posting the photos and for starting this blog - it makes you all feel a lot closer. Hang in there...days with more sleep are ahead!

Rachel Anderson said...

That was ever so sweet. I always knew you would be a great mom, and now you are proving me right! I have a feeling you will help so many others through your experience with the boys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails