Thursday, October 2, 2008

On the Bright Side...

My earlier post really focused on the negative aspects of Seth taking the job with DR Horton. In reality, there are a lot of great things about our new situation. While lack of time together and the uncertainty in income are huge negatives, here are a few of the positives:

With economic times the way they are, we are so blessed that Seth was able to find a job, especially a job with such a large company. There is some sort of job security in a company that functions across the country.

Income is income and something is definitely better than nothing!

Having to 'go it alone' on a daily basis is helping me to better organize my time and be more productive. When Seth is home, he becomes my priority...housework and such are easily pushed to the way side.

I am getting lots of exercise! I have learned rather quickly that even a brief 30 minutes of exercise in the morning helps me to have more patience and be able to make it through the day when I get little, if any, downtime. I also go up and down the stairs numerous times throughout the day. Hopefully the last 3/4 of the baby weight I have to loose will come off quickly (then my hubby will be really sad he works so far away :)

We now have the weekends to look forward to. While it makes Mondays really suck, the closer it gets to Friday, the sweeter it is!

And best of all, we are getting to watch God work. There are so many times in our lives where we don't understand what is happening and that's ok. We know that God loves us and we know that He is worthy of our trust. Additionally, "He causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him" (Romans 8)...that's refreshing!

It has only been 2 days, and I am sure we'll discover many more blessings and positive points to this position. I love the way situations like this help to bring Seth and I closer together. While crunching the budget and living in uncertainty is never fun, Seth and I are a team and we relish the opportunity to support, encourage and unconditionally love each other. We respect the difficulties in each others' days and look forward to the time we have to spend together at the end of each day.

Thank you to everyone for your emails, calls, love, support and prayers for us. We appreciate them and we appreciate you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails