Today the boys and I made a trip to HEB (after hitting the Starbucks drive-through of course), to get a few items. The boys were as adorable as ever and our 10 item trip took nearly an hour (yes, I know they are too cute and that I do have my hands full). As usual, we made a stop at the deli counter for some cheese and the lovely lady offered us a sample slice. Sometimes the boys love it, other times not so much. Today was a love it day...probably because they were getting really hungry since our trip was taking so long.Anyway, the boys nibbled on some cheese, which held them over until we could get a late lunch, and we finally made our way out to the car. Before I could even begin unloading, the boys spotted a bird walking around our vehicle. They were fascinated by it! I kept signing and saying bird, but they were more focused on watching the little guy. When he would walk away, they would try to climb out of the cart to see where he was going. We dropped a little cheese and watched Mr. Bird eat it up. The boys were absolutely adorable and it really hit me that I am going to love being a toddler mom.
I can not wait for the days of feeding birds and exploring the world. I love how in their eyes everything is fresh and new. I love the opportunity to teach them about things and I love that I am fortunate to get to see them grow.
As a stay-at-home mom, my tasks are numerous. However, none is more important than experiencing life with my boys. I hope as they grow, that we always take the time to stop and feed the birds (or whatever it is that catches their eyes). Yes, the groceries will sit in the back of the car for a few extra minutes, but these little boys will not be so little for long.


2 comments:
Precious! YOur boys would LOVE the duck pond at the end of BRushy creek Road. I have a helper helping me type!
So funny :) I wrote about the 'fresh eyes' of toddlers today, too. It IS fun!
Post a Comment