Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Nonnie!!

One of my favorite people in the world is my grandma...known by those who love her as Nonnie. Today is her 80 something birthday (I have no idea which one...probably because with all her spunk I have a hard time even believing that she is anywhere near 80).

I miss her dearly and was so sad to only get to spend but a few minutes with her on our trip to California last December. While I was super excited to see everyone,she and Poppi were really a driving force on our decision to actually bite-the-bullet and make the trip. With that said, I can't even begin to explain how sad I am that we never even got a photo of the boys with her. Not One!! Now I just pray that we'll have an opportunity for a photo op sometime in the not so distant future.

So, back to the birthday...the boys and I made a happy birthday call to her this afternoon. Unfortunately, we just got an answering machine, but here is an idea of what was recorded.

Me: Jax, say happy birthday
Jax: Happy birthday
Me: Turner, say happy birthday
T: No, no, no, no, no
Me: Sorry, Nonnie :) say I love you Jax
Jax: Love you
Me: Turner, say I love you
T: Love you
Me: Happy birthday Nonnie...we love you and hope you have a wonderful day

Hopefully it made her smile and much as the thoughts of her today made me smile. We love you Nonnie and we wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails