Last night at about 9, Seth and I were watching some TV and relaxing. All of a sudden Jaxson starts screaming! Not his normal 'I'm sick', 'just making some noise' or even 'bad dream' scream, but a new scream all together. I get up, look toward the bedroom (as to try to decide if I should just go look at the video monitor), but ultimately decide that I'm going up to their room. I open the door and am immediately hit with the smell of vomit...great! I grab him out of bed as quickly as possible, trying not to wake Turner and rush out.
I'm holding Jaxson, but he's totally clean and dry. I holler to Seth to grab a flashlight and please go investigate. I thought maybe he had somehow vomited in his bed, but missed himself all together. Seth heads in the room and finds Jaxson's bed totally clean. He moves his light over to Turner and there he is, laying in a pool of the yucky stuff. Seth grabs him, strips him down and Jax and I start the bath. As Seth washes T, Jaxson sits quietly in the chair reading a book and I change Turner's sheets. It's obvious that Jax is tired and just wants to go to bed, but he asks for Turner. What a good buddy!
The night ended up being pretty rough for little T as he continued to get sick every 10 to 15 minutes. He was so tired that as he would begin to heave, he would just bury his head in the towel as if he just wished it would end and he could go to sleep. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with our doctor's after hours line (with no answer...thanks!), I just went on-line and self diagnosed him with food poisoning. We got through the worst of it (about 2 1/2 hours) and then I put him to bed in our room for the night.
As I held Turner in my arms, wanting so badly to take his place, my mind immediately went to the family of Layla Grace. I have been following her families blog as this little 2 year old is coming to the end of her battle with cancer. I couldn't help but be thankful for the health of my babies and the fact that watching this struggle for Turner would come to an end quickly. I can't imagine the pain Layla's parents face everyday!
Seth and I were so thankful for Jaxson that we were nearly in tears. Had he not cried out for us, I'm not sure how long Turner would have just been laying there. Today Turner is up, running around and being silly just like nothing happened. He was so excited to go get Jaxson this morning and they have been playing together all day. What a blessing it is to have 2 fantastic boys who also happen to be the world's best buddies!
I'm holding Jaxson, but he's totally clean and dry. I holler to Seth to grab a flashlight and please go investigate. I thought maybe he had somehow vomited in his bed, but missed himself all together. Seth heads in the room and finds Jaxson's bed totally clean. He moves his light over to Turner and there he is, laying in a pool of the yucky stuff. Seth grabs him, strips him down and Jax and I start the bath. As Seth washes T, Jaxson sits quietly in the chair reading a book and I change Turner's sheets. It's obvious that Jax is tired and just wants to go to bed, but he asks for Turner. What a good buddy!
The night ended up being pretty rough for little T as he continued to get sick every 10 to 15 minutes. He was so tired that as he would begin to heave, he would just bury his head in the towel as if he just wished it would end and he could go to sleep. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with our doctor's after hours line (with no answer...thanks!), I just went on-line and self diagnosed him with food poisoning. We got through the worst of it (about 2 1/2 hours) and then I put him to bed in our room for the night.
As I held Turner in my arms, wanting so badly to take his place, my mind immediately went to the family of Layla Grace. I have been following her families blog as this little 2 year old is coming to the end of her battle with cancer. I couldn't help but be thankful for the health of my babies and the fact that watching this struggle for Turner would come to an end quickly. I can't imagine the pain Layla's parents face everyday!
Seth and I were so thankful for Jaxson that we were nearly in tears. Had he not cried out for us, I'm not sure how long Turner would have just been laying there. Today Turner is up, running around and being silly just like nothing happened. He was so excited to go get Jaxson this morning and they have been playing together all day. What a blessing it is to have 2 fantastic boys who also happen to be the world's best buddies!

3 comments:
wow... poor little guy. :-( I hope he feels much better today. big high five to Jaxson! way to go brother!
I hope your son is feeling better!
My name is Abigail Pogrebin; I'm an identical twin and former 60 Minutes producer who just published a book about twins called "One and the Same." I think any parent of twins or multiples will find much to chew on and maybe some guidance as to how to dodge pitfalls of doubleness. I'd love to speak to you about the possibility of a book review and/or author Q&A. My email is apogrebin@gmail.com, website:www.abigailpogrebin.com.
We are too familiar with this scenario too. Megan was sick a couple of weeks ago too. Except Morgan is not quite up to speed and did no hollering for us. Matt just happened to be walking by their room and heard a strange noise. He went in to find that Megan was retching all over the place...IN HER SLEEP! She never woke up. (I was out that night and couldn't help out. But indeed would have been freaking out.) Matt moved her to the changing table, where Megan threw up all over the table and the wall. Matt moved her then to the floor where, yep, she got the floor. He said she must have thrown up a dozen or so times in about an hours time. He did get her all cleaned up, sheets changes, furniture moved away from the walls to clean the furniture and walls and ended up with Megan sleeping peacefully in our room. What an eventful night. I felt super guilty for not being there, but made sure to let my hubby know that he is indeed a super dad for handling it all.
I like it when I hear of your boys looking out for each other. It makes my heart smile.
Post a Comment