We have been out and about every morning this week, so I decided to stay in this morning and just have a relaxed, lazy pj day. It was great!
We got up, had breakfast, read some books and then it happened...my little babies morphed into little boys right before my very eyes! They got all of their toy trucks out (ok, so we only have 4) and then asked me to get their toy cars (I am a embarrassed to say they are from a BK kids meal) out of the van. I obliged and never thought the following would happen...
They played with them for TWO HOURS!!
I was watching them in awe. I'm not sure how we got to this little boy, play with cars and trucks, roll them on the tile, line them up like a train, arrange them by color (what??), drive them around stage, but we appear to be there.
I remember the days when their favorite toys were a stuffed cube and an adorable little lion.


I am loving every minute with the boys, but really struggling with the fact that in a matter of days, they will be 2! I am so thankful to be home with them, to get to have mornings like this, but I can't help but feeling the sand of time fall so quickly between my fingers. I just want to pause it, or at least slow it down! These boys are precious and with each day I fall more and more in love with them. I am eager to see who God has designed them to be, but my heart still aches to see it all go so very fast. Today it's playing cars & trucks...tomorrow it'll be sports, real cars & girls (YIKES!).

1 comment:
So true. But then you still get moments when they sneak into your bed and look up into your eyes and say, "But I just want to snuggle with you a little Mommy." Weeping - I say OKAY.
Makes me want to go hug my mom. Or maybe just give her a call and tell her I love her.
Post a Comment