I have been working hard the past 6 weeks in attempt to make a dent in the 50 pounds of baby weight I have left to loose (I gained 95!). Needless to say, the Oreo shakes, desserts and fatty food luxuries of pregnancy had to go.
In the process of trying to eat better, I have stumbled upon some incredible food wonders. These foods have been Seth tested and he has been very impressed with each one. While they are not 'the real thing,' for what they are, they are amazing. Maybe this will encourage you to try something new, healthy and definitely tasty.

I have this cook book (you can click on it for the link) and I could not say enough good things about it. If you are looking for ways to make healthy food that tastes like real food, this is the closest your are going to get. Obviously we have not tried everything, but as of now we are 4 for 4 on things that rock!
#1 Butternut Squash Fries
I had never had a butternut squash anything, but they were delish!
#2 Faux Fried Onion Rings
OK...this book is worth the money just for this technique of faux-frying using Fiber One Cereal. Seth is a big time lover of onion rings and he was highly impressed by these. In fact, he was so impressed, he requested we try zucchini the very next night. Here is what that experiment looked like and boy was it tasty!
#3 Faux Fried Spicy Chicken Sandwich
This was our dinner tonight & it was awesome! I love spicy chicken sandwiches and this one rocked! I sliced some potatoes and baked them with it...I felt indulgent!
#4 Bacon & Egg Burrito
I have discovered that I love turkey bacon & Seth loved this meal so much he had a burrito followed by 2 tacos (ok...if I ate the portions he does, I would gain another 50!)
No Pudge Brownies
In addition to the fantastic recipes in my cookbook, I picked up this little gem at the grocery store. I had heard of these fat free brownies, but I had no idea they were THAT GOOD! You have to understand why this is amazing. You see, my husband is a brownie lover, but we have discovered that we are brownie snobs. The only brownies we eat are the Ghirardelli ones with the chocolate chips. For a while there, we were making them every time we had an out of town guest...the longest stretch we have gone without a guest is 3 weeks since the boys were born, so that's a lot of brownies!
So, I was amazed when I tried these, and no they are not like the Ghirardelli's, but they are incredible for what they are. You simply add fat free yogurt and bake them...then enjoy (a serving is a good size, but it's hard not to eat the whole tray).
Hope you enjoy my food finds...I'll let you know if I come across anything else you absolutely must try and I hope you'll do the same!
In the process of trying to eat better, I have stumbled upon some incredible food wonders. These foods have been Seth tested and he has been very impressed with each one. While they are not 'the real thing,' for what they are, they are amazing. Maybe this will encourage you to try something new, healthy and definitely tasty.

I have this cook book (you can click on it for the link) and I could not say enough good things about it. If you are looking for ways to make healthy food that tastes like real food, this is the closest your are going to get. Obviously we have not tried everything, but as of now we are 4 for 4 on things that rock!
#1 Butternut Squash Fries
I had never had a butternut squash anything, but they were delish!
#2 Faux Fried Onion Rings
OK...this book is worth the money just for this technique of faux-frying using Fiber One Cereal. Seth is a big time lover of onion rings and he was highly impressed by these. In fact, he was so impressed, he requested we try zucchini the very next night. Here is what that experiment looked like and boy was it tasty!
#3 Faux Fried Spicy Chicken Sandwich
This was our dinner tonight & it was awesome! I love spicy chicken sandwiches and this one rocked! I sliced some potatoes and baked them with it...I felt indulgent!
#4 Bacon & Egg Burrito
I have discovered that I love turkey bacon & Seth loved this meal so much he had a burrito followed by 2 tacos (ok...if I ate the portions he does, I would gain another 50!)
No Pudge Brownies
So, I was amazed when I tried these, and no they are not like the Ghirardelli's, but they are incredible for what they are. You simply add fat free yogurt and bake them...then enjoy (a serving is a good size, but it's hard not to eat the whole tray).
Hope you enjoy my food finds...I'll let you know if I come across anything else you absolutely must try and I hope you'll do the same!

No comments:
Post a Comment