Sunday, August 24, 2008

Oh Carrots!!

Yesterday marked the introduction of the boys 2nd vegetable, carrots. Due to possible nitrates, we decided to feed them store bought organic baby food carrots. It took them a little while to get used to the taste (and the carrots are much thinner than the other foods they eat), but once they did there was no stopping them.



The stage 1 foods come in a 2 serving pack. Since this was the first time we had tried carrots, we just started with a single pack between the two of them. That one package turned into two, then to three and on to four.



After 4 packages, we called it quits for them...they really would have eaten more. We only have 4 of the 2 packs left and at this rate they'll be gone before we know it. Also, at the bulk price of a case of 8 (16 packs) for $12.99, that is a whopping $3.25 per meal (and remember, that is making them stop at 4).



Compare that with the 10 cubes of homemade sweet potato they ate the day before which was a total meal cost of $1.40 and you'll understand why we are contemplating risking the 0% chance of nitrates and making carrots at home.



I can only imagine the future as these huge eaters just get bigger and bigger. Let's hope we don't have to mortgage our home to feed them :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so savvy! I can't believe you made your own baby food. That is so cool. I think when the time comes, I will be calling you lots to help me. I can't believe they ate 4 boxes. WOW! They are growing boys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails