Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Project

In addition to caring for the babies this weekend, we transformed their new changing table into something we could stand to look at everyday. It's a hand-me-down from another twin mom and is going just outside what will be the gated baby play area (aka...the old baby stagging area & what is supposed to be a dining room).

Here is the before pic...you can't really tell by the photo, but it is falling apart and has a hideous wicker overlay on the drawers, door and sides. This is the pic that was on craigs list since I forgot to take a before picture.



I stripped the wicker off the front and took off the sides. Seth helped me scrape the glue off of it and then I sanded the whole thing. Seth got some new wood for the sides and we spent a few hours applying primer and paint. We decided to go with brown so it would sort of match our house (it's almost the same color as the carpet), not knowing it would be pretty ugly. Oh well, the finished product is 1000 times better than before. Behold...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK Supermom! I can't believe you. That is pretty amazing. You are so talented. It really looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails