The action in our house stops for a few seconds every hour on the hour. We have this amazing clock that Seth's parents gave us the first Christmas we were married. The boys love it! It plays a song and moves every hour and no matter where they are in the house they stop and look for it.We affectionately call it the 'Nanny clock' since it came from Grammy Nanny & Grandpa. For a long time Turner would say 'Nanny' every time he heard it. And now, Jaxson says 'clck' (I guess that's how you spell the sound) each and every hour. I have really come to cherish their excitement and amazement at such a simple thing multiple times a day. Even when they are sleeping as it goes off I watch and smile, almost in honor of them.
I love the way this picture really shows their fixation on the clock. With toys still in hand, time seems to have almost stopped. Oh how I wish there were more moments where time seems to just stop and we could really enjoy all the simple pleasures of life!

No comments:
Post a Comment