Sunday, May 3, 2009

So Blessed!

The past few nights the boys have just wanted to snuggle with me before bed. We do the whole routine of bath, brushing teeth, lotion/massage, pj's, story time, prayers and songs. Story time used to be followed by me with one of the boys and Seth with the other, but neither of them seem to want to go to him at that time right now. Like a good daddy, his feelings aren't hurt and as a mommy of two little boys who will probably prefer to hang with daddy (since he's the coolest) in a few years, I am relishing each moment.

Tonight we finished story time and got ready for prayers. It was at that moment that Jaxson folded his hands and said 'amen.' Wow...he is learning! He is watching, growing and soaking it all in. What an amazing moment for a mama (who's eyes filled with tears)! It is amazing to see the beginnings of the power of prayer in the life of such a little boy.

Once we finished prayers it was time for a song (or 2 or 3...I didn't want to let them go). Turner always spins around to lay his head on my chest. So, I had Turner on my chest to my left and Jaxson in my lap to my right. As I sang their little songs, Turner kept taking his hand and rubbing Jaxson on the head (a loving sign of affection in our house). It was so sweet and as Seth sat across from me, I can only imagine the thoughts running through his head.

The days are long and wild in our house of dual toddler-hood, but the moments like these make us feel ever so blessed to be a part of the joys and trials of raising twins. It's moments like this that make us realize that even though there are many times we wish we could, would or did do things differently...we must be doing something right.

Sleep tight my little loves. I can't wait to be a part of all you're learning, growing and doing tomorrow and I am SO blessed to get to be your mama!

2 comments:

RG Mama said...

Well said, Mama. That first 'amen' is priceless. I'm so glad you were both there for that.

Vanessa said...

I think it was actually the 2nd time he said amen. Last night we turned off all the lights and I said 'oh no, we forgot to pray.' Jax responded with 'amen!' Seth and I laughed, thinking it was just a fluke. To our surprise, he really did know amen :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails