Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a Tough Time...

To Be a Mom of Twins!

We have entered into the first developmental stage that I can not wait to get through (ok...I couldn't wait to get to sleep through the night as well). In our house these days, there are 2 very active little boys that do not want to stay still. During their waking hours, once you put them down, they are off! They will find anything and everything to pull up on and are working very hard on their 'cruising skills.'

This would not be an issue, except that they are 'working' on it. That means, they have not mastered balance or the understanding that when they let go they will fall. They have not quite figured out that when they fall, they will hit whatever is in their path including the floor and walls. They have not learned that some things are not heavy enough to support their weight as they try to pull up on them.

I do my best to shadow them, but I can only be one place at a time. This is a rough place for a mommy. We have had many head bonks and moments of crying (not sure if it is more to the emotion or actual pain). I wish I could clone myself and really be able to help each of them individually. I know it won't be long, but I can not wait for them to be a little more steady on their feet. It is exhausting trying to keep close to them when they each want to go a separate direction.

So, come on boys...let's get through this quick! For your health & safety! And thanks for waiting until the time of year when Daddy is home a little more to help (it is not nearly as bad when we have a 1:1 ratio going). You can do it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails