Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Tears, They Are A Rolling...

A twin mommy friend of mine came by to pick some stuff up today and we had a great time just sitting and chatting. Her girls are about 2 years older than the boys and it was so nice to hear some experiences and get some advice from someone just a few steps further down the road. Our conversation turned to how hard it is having two babies and about how the logistics of trying to do anything or go anywhere are just insane. I love everything about having 2 babies, except the logistical nightmare it often creates!

I checked her blog this evening and saw that she had posted about our conversation. As I watched the video she posted (I have added it this post for you), tears streamed down my face like crazy! It so hard being in a position of wanting things to get easier, but not wanting to miss out on this time. My days are so busy just trying to keep babies fed and safe that I often feel like it is just so hard to really enjoy it. I try and try, but still so often feel like the time is just slipping through my fingers.


4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I totally agree with both of you. As hard and frustrating it was those first few months, I really want to hold, cuddle, and sleep with those tiny babies just one more time. OK maybe two more times.

Anonymous said...

OK, Now you made your mother cry!!
Shame on you.

RG Mama said...

someone told me once 'longest days, shortest years of your life'.... could not be more true. OMG, my babies will be 3 in April. (says the mama who has to pinch herself to believe her babies will be 3 in April)

Unknown said...

Wow, I just listened to this song. Boo Hoo. I was just telling my mom yesterday that we are in this awkward stage right now, where the girls are a little more mobile and are not content just sitting in their car seats for long periods of time, but I can't always put them on the floor. I tried going out to b-fast with a girlfriend of mine and all heck broke loose. The waitress had just brought the food and I had to ask her to bring me a to-go box and I left. I got to the car and just had myself a little cry. It's just too hard to do by myself. (My girlfriend offered to help, but she had her own 2 children to care for.) It was just too much. I can't do it. And I'm getting frustrated because I have always been able to do whatever I want whenever I want, even with my other kids. It's just different with twins. 2 babies is just hard.

Thanks for sharing this song. I'm going to download it to my iPhone and listen to it when ever I am feeling down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails