This weekend our little Jaxson came down with his first fever. It started out pretty mild and we were just keeping an eye on it. Saturday he was in a decent mood, just a little under the weather.
Sunday morning, Turner woke up early as usual, but not wanting him to wake Jaxson I went and got him out of bed. I thought maybe he would go back to sleep if I put him in bed with us. Yeah right! He just wanted to roll around the bed and be crazy. It also was not long before Jaxson was up anyway. So, here we were 30 minutes before it's time to actually get up with two very awake babies (and a still sleepy mommy & daddy) in our bed.

Light's On...Time to Get Up Boys!
We somehow managed to make it through our family photo session. Jax did a great job and I hope we'll have some good pics given the circumstance. Then, after nap time, he was nearing 103 and I was in 'break the fever' mode. We gave him some tylenol and stripped him down to his diaper. Through it all, he was still a pretty happy baby. We ended up needing to piggyback the Tylenol with some Advil and finally got the fever down right as he went to bed.
Today we made a trip to the doctor and he tested negative for strep (he just has a virus). We are riding it out and hoping he'll be back to 100% soon! I am always amazed at how both of my guys can still be so cute when they are not feeling well!

Sunday morning, Turner woke up early as usual, but not wanting him to wake Jaxson I went and got him out of bed. I thought maybe he would go back to sleep if I put him in bed with us. Yeah right! He just wanted to roll around the bed and be crazy. It also was not long before Jaxson was up anyway. So, here we were 30 minutes before it's time to actually get up with two very awake babies (and a still sleepy mommy & daddy) in our bed.

Light's On...Time to Get Up Boys!
We somehow managed to make it through our family photo session. Jax did a great job and I hope we'll have some good pics given the circumstance. Then, after nap time, he was nearing 103 and I was in 'break the fever' mode. We gave him some tylenol and stripped him down to his diaper. Through it all, he was still a pretty happy baby. We ended up needing to piggyback the Tylenol with some Advil and finally got the fever down right as he went to bed.
Today we made a trip to the doctor and he tested negative for strep (he just has a virus). We are riding it out and hoping he'll be back to 100% soon! I am always amazed at how both of my guys can still be so cute when they are not feeling well!


No comments:
Post a Comment