Last Thursday was a day of big surprises and lots of being spoiled by the grandparents. Not only did the boys get the big box of blocks from their Nanny, they also got a box with not 1, but 7 new Signing Time DVDs from their other grandparents. This is the only thing the boys watch and they watch one just about every day. These new additions double the options in our Signing Time library and we are so excited...thank you Grandma & Grandpa!
In addition to the DVDs for the boys, my parents sent us a very generous visa gift card!
My friend Leigh Ann & her husband had this great idea to start a date night swap. Our kids are 4 days apart and on pretty close to the same schedule. They figured we could take turns having one person man the others couch for the evening while that couple goes out. The previous Friday, Seth and I put the boys to bed and then I headed to their house. I hung out and enjoyed the quiet for a few hours while they enjoyed a movie. It worked out great!
So, this week was our turn and my mom and dad wanted our date to be on them...how awesome! We had been up in the air on what we were going to do, but at the last minute decided to try a hibachi style resturant that we had been eyeing for a while. It was so yummy! We even splurged on an appetizer.
In addition to the DVDs for the boys, my parents sent us a very generous visa gift card!My friend Leigh Ann & her husband had this great idea to start a date night swap. Our kids are 4 days apart and on pretty close to the same schedule. They figured we could take turns having one person man the others couch for the evening while that couple goes out. The previous Friday, Seth and I put the boys to bed and then I headed to their house. I hung out and enjoyed the quiet for a few hours while they enjoyed a movie. It worked out great!
So, this week was our turn and my mom and dad wanted our date to be on them...how awesome! We had been up in the air on what we were going to do, but at the last minute decided to try a hibachi style resturant that we had been eyeing for a while. It was so yummy! We even splurged on an appetizer.
Calamari Tempura...yummmIt was so weird being out without the boys. We didn't have to cut up food for anyone and we were able to really take our time and enjoy the meal. There were moments when I had to remind myslef that I could actually slow down and take my time enjoying the food :) We had wonderful, uninterrupted conversation and it was so good. Kind of like old times! While we wouldn't change what we have now for anything, we do miss when it was just us.
We were stuffed full by the time we made our way home and we are already pondering what we will do next month. Whatever it is, I know it will be great!


1 comment:
It's not a terrible picture of you two. It's actually kinda nice. At least you don;t have stray hairs flying and food or vomit on your shirt. :)
Post a Comment