It is surprising to me that I have so many of these lately. I always expected that I would be proud of my children, I just didn't think it would be a regular occurrence at 15 months. My boys really are just such great kids and I am so very proud to be their mommy!
There are lots of moments each day that I am proud of them. As I watch them pick up new words or signs, my heart lets out a smile. When they are kind to one another (which is VERY often), I jump with joy on the inside. There are countless times a day where I just stop for a moment and thank God that I get to be Turner & Jaxson's mommy.
I try to just observe as much as possible. I love to just watch the boys interact with each other and their toys. I love seeing their little brains spinning as they work to figure something out. I think it is my observation that helps me really see things that would be easily missed. Like, when Turner is playing in the hallway with the Little People School Bus and Jaxson walks by, stopping for just a second to give T a little head rub before moving on to his next thing. Or, when Turner is trying so hard to push the button that lets the frog out of the toy and he finally gets it. When I notice, his face lights up with a super smile. He was already proud of himself, but mommy noticing made it even better! I could go on and on...
Yesterday was no different than most days, except that our house was filled with 8 other toddlers (or near toddlers). What an exciting dynamic this is to see! There were 5 sets of twins all from different families and different backgrounds, each with their own little personalities. As a mom, especially of little ones, you never really know what to expect from your kids. You never know if they will be kind and enjoyable or stubborn and disruptive. I never expect either extreme, but I am usually grateful for the way my kids behave.
In observing at the playgroup yesterday, I was overwhelmed with pride. My boys are awesome!! There was quite a bit of commotion of the swing gate to our dining room play area. At one point I watched as a few of the girls tried to come out as Turner tried to go in. I asked Turner to please hold the gate open for the girls...and he did it!
If you know our family very well, you know that we raise our boys with the constant reminder that they will be someone's husband someday. This is just the beginning of door holding for our little one, but my mommy heart had tears of pride just watching little Turner learning to be a man.
There were also countless times that I saw the boys give toys to others. They do this a lot between themselves, but I was happy to see their kindness extend beyond one another. While they did have their moments of being protective (apparently their chairs are not for sharing, but isn't that just like guys? I imagine they wouldn't want to share the remote either :), overall I was super impressed by them.
I had invited all these friends over and opened up our home to them, I was happy to see my little guys go along with it and open all their toys and space. What wonderful little men we are growing...may God continue His good work in them!
There are lots of moments each day that I am proud of them. As I watch them pick up new words or signs, my heart lets out a smile. When they are kind to one another (which is VERY often), I jump with joy on the inside. There are countless times a day where I just stop for a moment and thank God that I get to be Turner & Jaxson's mommy.
I try to just observe as much as possible. I love to just watch the boys interact with each other and their toys. I love seeing their little brains spinning as they work to figure something out. I think it is my observation that helps me really see things that would be easily missed. Like, when Turner is playing in the hallway with the Little People School Bus and Jaxson walks by, stopping for just a second to give T a little head rub before moving on to his next thing. Or, when Turner is trying so hard to push the button that lets the frog out of the toy and he finally gets it. When I notice, his face lights up with a super smile. He was already proud of himself, but mommy noticing made it even better! I could go on and on...
Yesterday was no different than most days, except that our house was filled with 8 other toddlers (or near toddlers). What an exciting dynamic this is to see! There were 5 sets of twins all from different families and different backgrounds, each with their own little personalities. As a mom, especially of little ones, you never really know what to expect from your kids. You never know if they will be kind and enjoyable or stubborn and disruptive. I never expect either extreme, but I am usually grateful for the way my kids behave.
In observing at the playgroup yesterday, I was overwhelmed with pride. My boys are awesome!! There was quite a bit of commotion of the swing gate to our dining room play area. At one point I watched as a few of the girls tried to come out as Turner tried to go in. I asked Turner to please hold the gate open for the girls...and he did it!
If you know our family very well, you know that we raise our boys with the constant reminder that they will be someone's husband someday. This is just the beginning of door holding for our little one, but my mommy heart had tears of pride just watching little Turner learning to be a man.
There were also countless times that I saw the boys give toys to others. They do this a lot between themselves, but I was happy to see their kindness extend beyond one another. While they did have their moments of being protective (apparently their chairs are not for sharing, but isn't that just like guys? I imagine they wouldn't want to share the remote either :), overall I was super impressed by them.
I had invited all these friends over and opened up our home to them, I was happy to see my little guys go along with it and open all their toys and space. What wonderful little men we are growing...may God continue His good work in them!

2 comments:
I'm not sure this will come out right, but the way that you speak about your children makes me want to be a mommy and I don't get that from most of my mommy friends. Usually, the thought kind of terrifies me. But when you speak of your children the way you do... it encourages me sooo much. Thank you for that.
Precious! And big props you you and Seth!
Post a Comment