Sunday, December 7, 2008

"All Done!"

FINISH / over / done
The sign for "finish" is made by placing both of your open hands in front of you. Each hand should face you, with your fingers pointing upward. Twist both hands quickly a couple times ending with the palms pointing (somewhat) forward. You can also do this sign with just a single twist which makes it seem more "final."


I am a huge fan of teaching sign language to babies. Seth and I started signing to our boys when they were just 5 months old. With help from Signing Time (we have all 4 Baby Signing Time dvds) we have acquired quite a few signs. However, There are only a few that we really do regularly (milk, eat, more & all done).

Today, I was feeding Turner his bottle before their afternoon nap. He had about one ounce left and I was trying to get him to eat it when he put his one free hand up and moved it just like the sign for 'all done.' Seth saw him do it and we are both pretty sure he was really trying to tell us that he was finished. I should have known that 'all done' would be his first sign...he loves it! Every time we sign it to him he giggles.

I can't wait to see which signs will be next. As the boys continue to pick up signs, we'll keep adding to the ones we use regularly with them. I am so excited to be one step closer to really being able to communicate with them.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

That's amazing! I should be more consistent in signing to the girls....I usually forget! But you have inspired me to keep on truckin'!

Unknown said...

That is so cool. Babies pick things up so fast. Soon they'll be talking. Look at Caede, she never stops.

RG Mama said...

That's wonderful! Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails