Friday, December 12, 2008

FAQ's

With 2 babies, everywhere we go we are a novelty. We are stopped constantly and asked tons of questions; some expected, others really dumb! For fun, I thought I would compile some of the questions with answers here for you:

Q: Are they twins?
A: Yes (I do not just collect babies of the same age who look a like), I even get this when they are dressed in matching clothes!

Q: Both boys?
A: Yes! Many other twin moms I know get asked if their girls are boys or boys are girls all the time...doesn't matter if they are dressed in pink :)

Q: Were they hard to carry?
A: Yes...I measured full term (for one baby) with 10 weeks left to go and I gained 95 pounds!

Q: Did you have them naturally?
A: If by "naturally" you mean without fertility treatments, yes. If by "naturally" you mean without drugs, heck no! And, if by "naturally" you mean vaginally, nope...scheduled c-section by choice!

Q: Are they identical?
A: No, they are fraternal
Q: Are you sure?
A: Yes. (They have different blood types!)

Q: They are identical, right?
A: No, they are fraternal
Q: That means fertility, right?
A: No, fraternal means I produced 2 eggs. It can happen with fertility treatments, but we just got lucky.

Q: Do twins run in your family?
A: No. (There is one supposed pair somewhere far back on my dad's side, but I would hardly call that running in the family. Seth has a lot of twins on his side, but since fraternal twins are caused by the release of multiple eggs the father's side has nothing to do with it)

Q: Do you watch that show with the 8 kids?
A: Yes, I watch Jon & Kate. Why people always ask this is beyond me???

Q: Have you heard of that family with 5?
A: Yes, we have heard of the Wilkinson's (we've even purchased some stuff from them). And, now there is another set coming...twins are becoming chopped liver around Austin :)

Some fav's when out with friends and their twins:

Q: Are you guys related?
A: Nope!

Q: Are you guys twins?
A: No! (we look nothing alike, but of course if we both have twins we must be twins)

Q: Wow...2 sets of twins. That is crazy! Boys and girls born at the same time?
A: From 2 different moms!
Response: Ohhh...that makes sense!

I'm sure there are tons more, this is just all I could think of off the top of my head. I know there are lots of mommies of multiples that check out this blog, feel free to comment with some of your favorites.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

That last one is still making me laugh! I had no idea what that poor guy was talking about...he just kept babbling on, trying to backpedal his dumb question! I am cracking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails