Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day - rounds 1 & 2

We had a bit of a crazy night as Turner wanted to be wide awake from 10pm to 12:30am. His two top teeth are about to cut through any minute and I am guessing he was just having some teething pain. He made quite a ruckus and even woke up Jaxson, so Seth and I had a great time trying to settle two little boys in the middle of the night.

Unfortunately, lack of sleep in the middle of the night does not mean sleeping in. Turner was all bright eyed and ready to celebrate at 6:30 this morning. Mommy and Daddy barely made it through until nap time! We were awake long enough to change diapers, give the boys bottles, open stockings and their gifts from each other and eat some breakfast before we nodded of for a little morning nap. Here are a few photos from round one of gift opening for the day:


The boys took almost a 2 hour nap...as did mom and dad! Once they got up, it was time to feed them 'lunch', get the turkey in the oven and open their gifts from us. They really seemed to love all the different kinds of blocks we got them. I imagine they will be playing with them for years! Here are a few photos from round 2:


So, now it's the babies afternoon nap. The turkey is cooking and I am about to get working on all the sides for our meal. It's pretty exciting that just about everything I am making the babies can actually eat! After dinner, it's round 3 which is gifts from Nanny & Grandpa. We are missing Nanny's yummy Christmas meal and snacks...she really is the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds fun! We napped for two hours today too. Enjoy your meal! Merry CHRISTmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails