It appears that pacis are a thing of the past in our house. Turner hasn't used a paci since they were newborns and since Jaxson has been sick (nearly 2 1/2 weeks), he hasn't needed his. I think it started since he couldn't breathe, but I decided to just let it go and run with it. Part of me feels bad and another part of me is really happy about it.He has taken a paci at bedtime and nap times since he was born. I never really minded it, but sometimes just wished we didn't have to hassle with finding it after he had dropped it behind the crib. I felt like it wasn't really a huge issue and if that was what he needed, then it worked for me.
Once he went a few days without it, I just kind of decided to let it go all together. I figured better now than having to fight him on it in a few years and better now than having to listen to him cry without it. He kind of gave it up on his own and I guess that is a good thing.
However, it makes me a little sad. We are headed toward the one year mark and in just a few months we'll be free of many of the items everyone associates with babies (paci, bottles, etc.). We are headed full force into toddler hood and it comes with such mixed emotions.
I am excited for what is next. For walking, running and playing. But I am sad to say goodbye to the little babies we once had.
It all goes so very, very fast.

1 comment:
Yay Jax! I have a feeling that when we leave this house we will find a million of those green paci's everywhere.
Post a Comment