Saturday, February 28, 2009

Monthly Photos...

Today marks the end of February. At the end of each month, I am usually hard at work getting photos up on our family photo gallery at thehabbens.com. If you have been to the site lately, you've realized that it appears to be gone!

While it appears to be gone, the truth is it has just transitioned into something else. There were a few issues we didn't like about the old gallery and we have been in the process of finding another program that would actually function as a back up of all 17,000+ digital photos we have on an external hard drive.

A few weeks ago, I found just the thing I was looking for...smugmug.com. I spent countless days uploading pics and as of this very moment, our 17,056 photos are backed-up online...YAY!! Another thing I love about smugmug, is that I can buy a back-up disc of my backup. For someone as in love with photos as I am, it is a much needed relief to have our photos in multiple places. By the way, if you check out smugmug and love it, feel free to use lAzuIzNXcuO7g in the "Refered By" section to save $5.

We also were a little concerned having so many photos of our adorable little munchkins so readily available for anyone in the world to see. We wanted a little more privacy, but still wanted friends and family to have access to monthly photos and to continue to enjoy the conveinence of printing photos from their homes across the country.

So, we are transitioning to sending out a new link each month to that months photos. This link will be found in an email and if you would like to be added to our email list, please just let us know. As I said before, every digital photo we own is uploaded into our smugmug account, so if you are ever looking for a particular photo, or photos from a specific event just let me know and I can send you a link.

Our new gallery still has a slideshow option, but the one thing that will be missing are labels of who is in each picture. This seemed to be the biggest consumer of time in trying to get photos uploaded. And as the boys are growing they are looking less and less alike. Many of you even brag about how well you can tell them apart...so, now you're on your own :)

We got the package that allows us to add video, so I am in the process or working on getting videos organized and uploaded. In the coming months, you'll have access to all the videos too!

In our old gallery, we also only had room for a certain number of photos. This meant picking and choosing the ones you would see. We'll now you'll see every one of our photos. The good, the bad and the ugly :) I hope you will all enjoy the new set-up as much as we do. If you haven't received an email by this evening, then you can assume you are not on our email list (and it's not because we don't love you), so please don't hesitate to ask to be added.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and may your March be as exciting and eventful as ours...20 days to the official beggining of toddlerhood in the Habben house! Yikes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails