Some friends of mine from college were out in Texas on business and extended their trip to come have a little visit with us this week. Bryan & Sarah are an adorable couple and we have missed them a ton!
They got here Monday afternoon and really only got to experience the chaos that is trying to feed ourselves and the boys, give baths and bottles and put the little guys to bed. Once the boys were asleep we got to chat and really enjoyed just catching up on the last 15 months.
Then, Tuesday turned out to be quite a disaster. Poor Turner, who had been fighting a little cold, unfortunately took a turn for the worst and was simply miserable. I called the pediatrician at 8:15 and they said they could see him at 9. It was a mad dash into the shower and to try to get ready and get out the door. Just before I was about to leave, Sarah got up. She helped me finish a few last things and then even offered to throw on some jeans and come to help me...what a blessing!
Once at the doctor's office, both boys were wanting to be held and having 2 free laps worked out perfectly! The doctor gave Turner a good once over and discovered that his lungs were clear and his ears were perfectly pink and shiny. He really was just fighting a cold! He was so congested that he could hardly breathe, but they sent us home and told us just to give him motrin and benedryl and to keep doing the suction, steam baths and humidifier.
All day Tuesday if Turner was not in my arms, he was hysterical. Thankfully, Bryan and Sarah were having a blast entertaining Jaxson. He loves to walk around the room with his stride to ride lion, but gets frustrated every time is hits the wall and he has to stop. I think Sarah spent hours helping the little guy to simply turn around every 30 seconds or so. I am really not sure how I would have juggled my time and energy between both the boys if they wouldn't have been here.
Tuesday night was terrible and I was up until almost 1am with Turner. He had a temp of 103 and didn't want to break. I finally got it down and got him back in bed, but I knew the next day was going to be rough. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad. Having 2 extra sets of hands around that were so willing to help was a godsend!
Wednesday was a little better, we even got to leave the house and go out for lunch and dinner! However, I am afraid that even as our friends left this morning, they still never really got to see much of the Turner man we know and love. He is on the mend, but still really whiny, clingy and just not well.
I don't think it was quite the visit any of us anticipated or would have hoped for, but I am amazed at the way the God works. Here were some great friends with willing hands and hearts, who just happened to be here at the exact moment we needed them. I hope our next visit is a little less crazy and that they can really have a chance to enjoy both the boys. They have a long time friend in Jaxson, but Turner was warming up just as their time here was through.
Bryan & Sarah, we had a great time getting to spend time with you. We'll see you again at Christmas time (when we're in California), if not before then and we hope you know how much we appreciate all you did to help while you were here. We wish you the best and you are in our thoughts and prayers always!
They got here Monday afternoon and really only got to experience the chaos that is trying to feed ourselves and the boys, give baths and bottles and put the little guys to bed. Once the boys were asleep we got to chat and really enjoyed just catching up on the last 15 months.
Then, Tuesday turned out to be quite a disaster. Poor Turner, who had been fighting a little cold, unfortunately took a turn for the worst and was simply miserable. I called the pediatrician at 8:15 and they said they could see him at 9. It was a mad dash into the shower and to try to get ready and get out the door. Just before I was about to leave, Sarah got up. She helped me finish a few last things and then even offered to throw on some jeans and come to help me...what a blessing!
Once at the doctor's office, both boys were wanting to be held and having 2 free laps worked out perfectly! The doctor gave Turner a good once over and discovered that his lungs were clear and his ears were perfectly pink and shiny. He really was just fighting a cold! He was so congested that he could hardly breathe, but they sent us home and told us just to give him motrin and benedryl and to keep doing the suction, steam baths and humidifier.All day Tuesday if Turner was not in my arms, he was hysterical. Thankfully, Bryan and Sarah were having a blast entertaining Jaxson. He loves to walk around the room with his stride to ride lion, but gets frustrated every time is hits the wall and he has to stop. I think Sarah spent hours helping the little guy to simply turn around every 30 seconds or so. I am really not sure how I would have juggled my time and energy between both the boys if they wouldn't have been here.
Tuesday night was terrible and I was up until almost 1am with Turner. He had a temp of 103 and didn't want to break. I finally got it down and got him back in bed, but I knew the next day was going to be rough. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad. Having 2 extra sets of hands around that were so willing to help was a godsend!Wednesday was a little better, we even got to leave the house and go out for lunch and dinner! However, I am afraid that even as our friends left this morning, they still never really got to see much of the Turner man we know and love. He is on the mend, but still really whiny, clingy and just not well.
I don't think it was quite the visit any of us anticipated or would have hoped for, but I am amazed at the way the God works. Here were some great friends with willing hands and hearts, who just happened to be here at the exact moment we needed them. I hope our next visit is a little less crazy and that they can really have a chance to enjoy both the boys. They have a long time friend in Jaxson, but Turner was warming up just as their time here was through.
Bryan & Sarah, we had a great time getting to spend time with you. We'll see you again at Christmas time (when we're in California), if not before then and we hope you know how much we appreciate all you did to help while you were here. We wish you the best and you are in our thoughts and prayers always!

1 comment:
Our time with your little family was priceless. Those little guys are blessed to have parents who are such and amazing example of God's wisdom, truth, and love. We were also graced by your love and hospitality. We hope to see you all again soon.
The Hulls
Post a Comment